11. St. Francis Ashram, Thiyagadurgam (Pondicherry - Cuddalore Archdiocese) - 2008

Although Capuchins were the pioneering missionaries to Pondicherry from 1632, we did not have a house of our presence until 2007 in the Diocese. We bought a land in a place called Thiyagadurgam. A friary was built and blessed on 10.03.2008. It was raised to a mission parish on 12.07.2009. The place serves as a house of prayer. The Friars engage themselves in AA, pastoral and animation work.

PHOTOS